Sunday, June 10, 2007

I just spent the weekend tending Emmy and Owen. What fun! Joseph had been planning this weekend for a couple of weeks now. He made arrangements with his mother to take Ryan and for me to come in a tend the babies. He wanted to surprise Jenn with tickets to the Home Show and and night at a hotel. I'm sure Jenn will tell you all about it on her blog. I arrived Thursday night so they could get a fairly early start Friday morning. When they got ready to take Ryan to Grandma and Grandpa Z's, he wanted me to come with him. He pulled and pulled on my hand and insisted that I go with him. It wasn't until Joseph mentioned the kitties and the trampoline that he consented to leave me behind - I was dropped like a hot potato for kitties!

I had a great time with the babies. I do wonder how Jenn gets anything done, however. It seems like when one is sleeping the other is awake and needing attention. In two days the only thing I accomplished around the house was the laundry. There was actually only one time that both babies were crying at the same time and needing my attention right now!! Of course the phone range right then and it was Linda. She was calling to say that she was sending Ryan back with Carla about 2:00 or 3:00. I could hardly hear her on the phone with Emmy bellering and Owen competing for attention. She made the call short as she could hear that I was needed elsewhere. The chaos only last a minute or two and everyone was happy and being feed. IT was a good weekend. I miss them already.

1 comment:

Nat said...

Man, what a grandma!! I bet Jenn really really appreciated that break! It's great to have such good family to help out when needed.